Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department was established in 2000, and now has become a full-fledged department with advanced laboratory facilities to train the students to meet the current needs of the fast changing industrial scenario.
Seats Available : 60 + 3 *
To be a centre of eminence in moulding technically competent and socially committed Electrical Engineers.
To inculcate high quality education through eminence of faculty and facilities. To transform young minds into competent professionals who are motivated for lifelong learning to meet the needs of industry. To foster ethical values and impart passion to serve society.
Head of the Department
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1- Have sound knowledge and technical skills required to remain productive in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO2- Practice, and propagate concept of Energy efficient systems..
- PEO3- Pursue research or higher education in the fields of Electrical Engineering.
- PEO4- Act as responsible, effective, and ethical citizens.
- PEO5- Communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1- Identify, analyse and solve the problems of Electrical & Electronic systems to satisfy the needs of industry and society.
- PSO2- Use appropriate technology to design and develop energy efficient systems to uphold the merits of sustainability.
- PSO3- Pursue research and lifelong learning in the fields of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Basic Electrical Lab This lab aims at familiarizing the students with the different theorems, laws, networks, circuits etc. which are the basic building materials of all those huge electrical equipments, transmission lines, motors, generators etc. The purpose of this lab is to provide a clear concept with basic idea related to electrical circuits RC, RL,LC, RLC, etc.
- Electrical Measurements Lab This lab aims at providing the basic concepts for measuring the different electrical parameters like voltage, current, power, unknown parameters etc. with precision & calibration of different types of instruments and also to impart knowledge on the working s of the different types of measuring instruments.
- Microprocessor and Digital Lab This lab is equipped with latest state of the art technology equipment. It offers simple experiments for understanding the subject and advance facilities to conduct microprocessor, microcontroller and DSP Projects.
- Power Electronics Lab The power electronics lab consists of different kinds of demo kits starting from SCR characteristics, study kit for D.C motor control using chopper. The lab is equipped with Digital Integrated kits, Power supplies etc.
- Electrical Machines Lab The laboratory imparts the knowledge about characteristics and behavior of the DC and AC Machines. Well established with all kinds of motors and generators with the total cost of about Rs.20lakhs.
- Project Lab Students can do any online project by using advanced software.This may be web based or stand alone software.This Lab will be help them for handful training in fields of project development cycles.
Haridas M S
Sonima M P
Salini M Venugopal