College of Engineering Kidangoor Alumni Association (CEKAA)
The alumni association acts as a bridge between the illustrious alumni and their alma mater, giving the current students and the alumni a chance to develop positive synergies and grow together in this process. The College of Engineering Kidangoor Alumni Association -CEKAA -fulfils this idea.The College of Engineering Kidangoor Alumni network brings together graduates of a variety of programmes – CE, CSE, ECE, EEE, EI, IT right from its inception. The collective strength of this alumni network is the backbone of CEK. The strength of any institute comprises of the present students, who are the future leaders and the alumni of the college, who bring in fame by virtue of their success.The Alumni Association of College of Engineering Kidangoor was formed in the year 2006, named as “College of Engineering Kidangoor Alumni Association -CEKAA”. The Representatives from Ex- students were elected unopposed for the various posts of Executive committee by the ex- students present. The elected committee members were felicitated by the Principal and extended best complements for the purpose.
- To re-unite in the place from where we grew and flew off.
- To build a bridge between college life and career life, so as introduce present students to the professional world and to make them confident to face the challenges that may emerge in their career path.
- To provide job opportunities to fresh bachelors through references of professionals.
- To create awareness among students about the scope of their subject in the professional world.
- To participate in social welfare activities for social accountability.
PLAN OF ACTION:
- Conducting periodic meetings of the committee to frame plan of action.
- Conducting training sessions on industry practices and professional approach by industry professionals.
- Interacting with unemployed ex- students to find probability of employment with reference of professionals.
- Conducting various social welfare activities.
- Re-unions of ex- students.
- Felicitation of achievers.
Activities conducted by Alumni Association since its formation
CEKAA assists placement activities in association with Career Guidance and Placement Cell of the college. CEKAA appreciates the efforts of its alumni working at VVDN (Gurgaon, Delhi) and Digital Core Technologies (Kochi).
ALUMNI GENERAL BODY MEETING
Meeting of Alumni association members was called on 11/05/19 Saturday, to discuss on various topics listed in the agenda. Only a few members were present in the meeting. Discussions were conducted amongst present members about steps to be taken by alumni association to achieve its vision and suggestions were invited for better functioning system of the association.
COLLEGE AWARENESS PROGRAM
In order to attract greater number of students to engineering stream, College conducted Techfest-INNOVATE’19, for all nearby higher secondary and high school students. Nearly two thousand brochures were distributed amongst the passed out HSS students.
The basic idea behind the brochure distribution is that, all HSS passed students seek for admission in various fields of interest. But sometimes due to lack of awareness and guidance, some of the courses remain untold to them. By conducting this drive, it will be easier to promote the courses and facilities provided by our college to the passed-out students, so that they get correct options to choose for their career.
CEK Alumni actively participated and contributed to the Techfest and brochure distribution.
The Alumni Day celebration was held in College on 11 May 2015. The pride of the college, student of 2010-2014 ECE batch, Ms. Arya R. Nair, 301th rank holder (Topper in interview) in Indian Civil Services Examination 2018 and the 2008 pass-out batch students were the special invitees for the day. The function was named as “Oruvattam Koodi”. The main aim of Alumni Day celebration was to unite maximum number of ex-students and register them in the Alumni family. The program was held in presence of Principal, Dr. K.G. Viswanadhan and various HODs, faculty and staff members of the college. The programme started at 9.30 am and came to an end by 3.30 pm. Also, CEKAA congratulated the CUSAT rank holders and decided to felicitate them in another gathering of college.Ms. Andreena,S8 ECE and Mr. Mathews , S5CSE entertained the gathering by playing flute, saxophone and guitar for two hours. The environment in the college was joyful and refreshing, with tasty lunch served for all students.
As a token of appreciation, Alumni Association sponsored mementos to the 13rank holders of 2018 CUSAT batch and Ms. Arya R. Nair at ‘Workshop on Higher Education’ conducted by CAPE at Kottayam on 31 May 2019. The prizes were sponsored by CEKAA in order to appreciate the hard work done by students for the entire course and to give motivation to the upcoming graduate students.
RE-ELECTION OF ALUMNI COMMITTEE
An Adhoc Committee was formed to organize activities of Alumni till next year election with the following ex-students as members in addition to Patron(Principal) and faculty member nominated by the Patron.
- Siju George (2003-2007 EI)
- Febin P.A. (2001-2005 ECE)
- Kannan Suresh (2005-2009 ECE)
- Deepu Abraham (2005-2009 ECE)
CAPACITY BUILDING & PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Every graduate coming out of CEK shall be a dynamic, knowledgeable and responsible citizen. Also, he shall stand successful in the professional world. Keeping this intention in mind, Alumni Association organized a one day session on Entrepreneurship in college on 15th May 2016 by Mr. Raja Rajeev Kumar Also there was an interactive session with the students by Mr. Siju George, Technical Specialist at EY (student of 2003-2007 EI batch ). The basic idea behind this program was to develop positive attitude of students towards Engineering, and to guide them for a right career option.
OTHER SPONSORSHIPS TO COLLEGE
CEKAA has sponsored a Mi TV of 43 inch to college for displaying various activities of the college. Also CEKAA has decided to sponsor College name boards at Manthady and Kidangoor.
FURTHER ACTIVITIES IN PIPELINE
- Active participation and whole hearted support is offered for the NBA accreditation activities of college.
- The CEKAA is looking forward to cooperate with various training and placement activities of the college.
- Encourage pass out batch students to donate text books to college.
- Obtain a complete list of alumni of the college digitally.
The Alumni association is moving ahead, with selfless intentions for the growth and development of college students and society around. The association will continuously work towards its vision for a better tomorrow.