The Department was established in 2000, and now has become a full-fledged department with advanced laboratory facilities to train the students to meet the current needs of the fast changing industrial scenario.
To become a recognized leading institute offering high-quality professional education leading to academic excellence to a large number of talented students.
To provide quality in both the theoretical and applied foundations of computer science and train students to effectively apply this education to solve real world problems.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
P.C. Hardware Lab (Shared)
This Lab is well equipped with latest computer systems of different configuration for the purpose of training students. The lab is equipped with more than 12 new branded and 10 old computers. Computers are based on Intel and AMD processors like 8086, 80386,80486, PIII, Celeron and Duron. Motherboards of different types for testing purpose and advanced peripherals like different types of Printers, Scanners, Modems, CDD etc are also available in the Hardware laboratory.
Multimedia Lab (Shared)
This lab is well equipped for the study of various multimedia software. This lab is intended for Information technology students in order to expose them to Multimedia Projects like Animation,3D Objects creation etc.
Cloud Computing Lab (Shared)
It is used for getting efficiency in Cloud Computing, MATLAB and to Conduct Seminars and Short Term training programs. MATLAB software is installed. This lab will help students to learn Cloud Computing and Virtualization technologies. This lab intended for both M.Tech and B.Tech Students.
Students can do any online project by using advanced software. This may be web based or stand alone software. This Lab will be help them for handful training in fields of project development cycles.
Nisha C A
Rekha V R
Krishnaveni V V