Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
The Department was established in 2000, and now has become a full-fledged department with advanced laboratory facilities to train the students to meet the current needs of the fast changing industrial scenario.
To develop competent Electronics and Instrumentation Engineers with high academic credentials and to make the department recognized as a center of the learning community ,research, fraternity and industry.
The mission of the department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering is to mould its students into competent Electronics and Instrumentation Engineers with cutting edge caliber in the field, competent in an international scene, to the demands of industry,research and entrepreneurship,while strictly adhering to moral values and professional ethics.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Instrumentation Lab I Our students are being introduced to the world of measurements & Instrumentation in their first instrumentation lab. In this lab they will be doing experiments with different types of transducers for measurement of displacement, temperature etc. They will be using different types of bridge circuits for measurement of resistance capacitance and inductance etc.
- Instrumentation Lab II In this Lab II they will be doing experiments mainly with operational amplifiers and other wide band amplifiers and fillers, which are inevitable parts in any signal conditioning or instrumentation system. After the completion of this lab, students can design different types of filters, instrumentation amplifiers etc. Suitable for different applications like noise reduction, noise freezing, amplification of differential input signals etc.